The engine manufacturer does the testing and sets the
points. Ask anyone with a certified airplane for there
manual. It will have a chart that tells power setting
to temperatures to airspeed on a chart. My IO-520 was
in a Bellanca Viking if you look at the book it would
tell you at 10000 ft 22" 2500 rpm 60* 60% power true
airspeed is 160 kts. My wife loved that Viking so much
she found me one to buy. (what a wife)

--- pe...@heroic.co.uk wrote