I can answer your question about bluetooth GPS recievers.  I bought a  Garmin
unit through Anywhere Map for use with their software.  It has a  battery
life of about 12 hours.  It can be velcro'ed to just about  anywhere, and for
better or worse, it has a powerful magnet inside the case to  stick anywhere
you
need to (There is a thread on Anywhere Map's website  regarding removing the
magnet, as it can affect your mag compass if it is  too close)  Having said
that, it worked well on the dash of my C-172, on  the dash of my Airbus A-300,
and I velcroed it to the aft area of my RV-8  cockpit under the canopy.  It can
be set up to run on ship's power with the  included cigarette lighter adapter.

One of the most intriguing locations I've ever seen to mount a GPS  reciever,
was under the fiberglas engine cowling on a friend's RV-7.  You  did not even
know it was there.  That would not work for this unit unless  you hard-wired
it to ship's power, as you would have to turn on the unit  manually.  This
unit when on internal battery power, must be manually  turned on and off.  When
you plug it in to charge, it turns on  automatically.  Check out Anywhere Map's
website for current pricing.

Bill Zorc
Vero Beach, FL