Hi KR radio heads
This one is for the radio literate. I have just installed an antennae into
an aircraft made from coax only. I left the radiator and counterpoise too
long on purpose so that I could tune it to length in the aircraft using a
SWR meter and a handheld radio. Here is where my confusion starts.
I have in the past built a number of antennae for CB radio and have tuned
them with one of two SWR meters that I have and they worked fine.
Today I spoke to a guy that has built a few airband antennae and he says
that the SWR meters suitable for CB radio freq are not suitablr for
airband?? As far as I know all a SWR meter is is a voltmeter so why should
the freq make any difference? He also told me that a handheld radio does not
put out enough power to be able to get reliable readings??? Sounds really
obsurd to me.
Comments from those in the know would be very much appreciated.

Regards
Dene Collett
KR2SRT builder
South africa