Louis Wrote:
"SWR meters *do* care about the freq. The Bird Watt meter has many
> inserts
> for different frequency ranges.If your SWR meter is a commercially
> available
> meter it should specify the frequency range.
Hi Louis
Yes I have used a bird wattmeter many times. It is a real piece of precision
measuring equipment. I used to use it on both UHF and VHF telemetry antennae
when tracing faults with communications.

I have two SWR meters and neither of them specify any freq on them. They
came with a bunch of CB radios that I bought from a guy that was leaving the
country. It is years since I last used them but I do remember that they
didn't give the same readings when both tried in the same antennae/ radio
installation. Maybe they are for different frequencies. I see a visit to our
local communications expert coming up soon!

Regards
Dene Collett
KR2SRT builder
South africa