Hi Ben,
In my KR I always carried my avionics handheld and my Icom 2SAT.
Avionics used to get out of
the control area and then hamming on the fly. Once from the west coast
to Calgary I ran out of
battery on my avionics and went on to IPARN which is a coast to coast
link and got hold of a
buddy who also owns a C150 and notified air radio of my first intended
landing and when I got
near there I could see the green light and all was well. Airborne Ham is
a lot of fun. Try every thing
that comes to mind and don't let anyone discourage you or tell you
different. Good Luck, 73,
Adrian VE6AFY, C-FAFY