Mark Langford wrote:
> One alternative to buying a new 408 MHz ELT is an APRS (plus your old ELT to
> keep you legal).  The Automatic Position Reporting System is a
> Mark Langford
> N56ML "at" hiwaay.net

Getting the Technician Class Amateur Radio license to use the APRS
system is a relatively easy matter of basic knowledge. There is no
longer a Morse Code Requirement, and would likely take most of you a
matter of 4 weeks study, if that. You would find this advantageous, and
I feel certain that  the hobby would very much benefit from your
participation too. If I can be of any assistance feel free to write!
Excellent post,  Mark.

--
Glenn Martin
KR2 N1333A