From: "Lee Van Dyke" <l...@vandyke5.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 02:49:28
To: KRnet<kr...@mylist.net>
Subject: Re: KR> VW carburation question

There is nothing wrong with the POSA.  Most of the stories you will read or
hear on this net are that STORIES.  There are several people who fly with
POSA's.  Steve Bennett has a plane right now that is Jim Faughn's, and it
flys with a posa.  I had an 1835 with a POSA and it worked great.  I cruised
@ 125 MPH @ 3.3 gals per hour.  I have a POSA on my 2387 VW right now and it
runs well.  I do have the Super Posa that I can lean out in the air, but
it's still a Posa.  Richard Shirley few with a Posa for years on his KR1.
Just like any other Carb or throtle body, once fine tuned, they run just
great.

Lee Van Dyke

Well now that I am this close to finishing my PPL, it will soon be time
to get working on N1333A. She already has an 1835 VW with a POSA carb on
her, but my EAA tech advisor has encouraged me to look into a float bowl
carb, for various reasons. Great Plains has the 1821 updraft carb and I
have a lot of respect for Steve Bennett's work with the VW based
engine.  Any more info that anyone wants to offer on the fuel system?
The floors open, and I will be using all of this to make my decision
soon. Assuming I pass my PPL the 1st time, the VW case will be getting
split open by mid June.

Glenn Martin
KR2 N1333A
13238 Hudson-Krohn Rd