From: "Mark Langford" <n5...@hiwaay.net>
To: "KRnet" <kr...@mylist.net>
Sent: Saturday, May 29, 2010 9:07 PM
Subject: KR> 9' horizontal stabilizer

I think somebody said something about building a 9' horizontal stabilizer
the other day, and I don't remember any replies.  You could certainly do
that, but I'd hope you'd make the spars tall enough to withstand the
increased load that would be applied to them.  I don't know why you'd want
to do that though, since 7' long seems to work fine on my KR2S.  One thing I
did differently than most folks though is retained the same elevator area,
so I effectively increased horizontal stab area while leaving elevator the
same as the KR2S plans call for.  That probably helps with pitch
stability...

Mark Langford
N56ML "at" hiwaay.net
website at http://www.N56ML.com