Hey Guys,
Sunday mornings all year with  good weather The local club flies out to
breakfast. Today looked good so i fueled up and quickly hustled away from the
pumps so the next guy could get in there. There is a new club member that asked
to ride along with me and i told him if he wasn't afraid. Saddled up and did
the run up and down the run way we went. rotated up and fuel started running in
from the header tank onto my feet. climbed to about 400 and declared a return
and the rest of the guys waited for me to land. I had changed my routine in
hurrying at the pump and had not tightened any of the fuel caps. A Quick jump
out and tightened lids up and we were back off to breakfast. on landing I asked
again if he was scared yet. Not yet, Jeez I would have been. A 25 min flight to
South Jersey Regional. The KR handled a little different flying closer to gross
most noticably at slow speeds. At home airport setting up for final I was a
little high and in ground effect It seemed to eat up the runway. So we went
around for a second try. Jeez this time I over shot base and was high again so
that turned into a sort of high speed pass. Third time the charm and it turned
out to be a pretty fair landing. I asked again if he was scared yet and he said
no, I'm pretty sure he was hiding tears by then.
           Anyway,  lessons learned in change. Changed routine and a mistake
made. Changed weight and changed flight characteristics. That should scare away
most of the guys that might ask for a ride at the Gathering.

Joe Horton,
Coopersburg, Pa.
Do YOU Qualify?
New Gov Regulations Allow US Residents to Remove Half of Their Debt.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4c5f2173a5e9b634307st01duc