Well guys, I just got home from Oshkosh, ( 4 weeks in the USA) All I can say
is WOW. 5 days of walking around Oshkosh and adding to my wish list.

I got a flight on the B17 what a hoot, I have so much video footage and
photos, it will take months to sort them out. I got my USA Pilot Licence
while here and got to do a few hours around Florida with Glenda.

I arrived at the forum just as Mark Langford was starting his talk. It was
great to finally meet some of you guys, Mark Langford, Mark Jones, Joe
Horton,Glenda McElwee, Steve Glover,to name a few.  So many names I can not
remember them all. Mark got me up to say a few words to the forum, I hope
the jet lag did not make my talk to confusing.

But I need to say sorry for loosing Mark Jones and many others. Mark, I
wanted to sit down and have a chat with you all, but after a very friendly
welcome, we went out to look at Mark L's plane and everyone just seem to
vanish in the crowd. I asked around, but could not find you guys again. I'm
very sorry.
That was not the sort of talk I was hoping for after travelling so far.

I want to thank Glenda McElwee for her great effect in arranging my stay and
accommodation at Oshkosh. She was great company and friend during my visit.

After Oshkosh I travelled by car with Glenda, via Larry Flesner's hanger
then on to drop off her travelling companion John Michael in Atlanta.and
Flordia. We drove over 2500 miles over the next 3 weeks. Visiting all the
air museums and Space Centre, Fantasy of Flight ( YOU MUST SEE THIS PLACE)
Again WOW.

Larry, thanks for your time and effort to meet us at your airport and show
us your wonderful KR2s. I took heaps of photo's and had a very long talk
about his 0200 set up and flying KR2's. Larry is a true gentleman and again
wish to thank him.

Glenda then took me to see her KR2, while there I was honoured to meet Bill
Clapp. ( I seem to remember a lot of talk about Bill on the net, but I was
able to hear things straight from the horses mouth, seems to much gossip
goes on here sometimes.) Bill has a fantastic and very professional Corvair
Aircraft Conversion Factory. I looked over all areas of this manufacture and
assembly process, his beautiful and fantastic 3rd bearing design. Bill has
now sold many engines. I was lucky enough to take Bills plane for a quick
spin, and I thought I would never hear myself say this, BUT I was VERY
impressed with the performance and smoothness of the engine. I purchased two
new noise reduction head set ant Oshkosh, and was able to test them, but
Bills plane was so quiet I did not even need them. We made a few low passes
with the wheels almost on the ground (so it seemed) at 180+ mph. I would
have believed it, but I had my own GPS with me at the time.

I did meet William Wayne at Oshkosh and looked over his site and engines, It
was difficult to get a word with him as he as very busy,
He seems to also have a good looking engine.
http://www.flycorvair.com/products.html  seeing William was so busy I got to
meet Steve Glover again.

So I sat down with Steve Glover and talked KR's, What a great guy!!!, He to
has and great supply of Kr parts, I did happen to pass on some Aussie $$$
for some parts, Hope they arrive here soon. Thanks Steve for your time and
friendship. Steve parts can be found here   http://www.nvaero.com/

Speaking of KR2 Parts ......

No one talks about Bill Clapp's engines or 3rd bearings, very strange, I
thought this was a KR2 net and we discussed all areas of the Building,
Flying, building and supply of parts and information. We I'm here to tell
you that its not right when someone like Bill has the technical know how,
the material, and supply of a great product and we do not know or hear about
it. What going on? we should have all the info we need to make up our own
minds as to what engines and parts we can buy, so we can all get on with
finishing the best KR2 we can.  So if you wish to find out more check this
out.

  http://www.aeromaxaviation.com/light-aircraft-kits-engine

So I would like to thank Bill for his hospitality and friendship while was
there helping Glenda work on her KR2, We got a lot of jobs finished on her
KR and I hope it has helped get it closer to flying.

Thanks again to Glenda and

 to all the guys I meet in the USA, I had a great time, and hope to return
again one day.

If you all get time as you say to call in and see me down under I will need
to start up my own Travel Agency

All the best, Fly safe!!!!!!

Phil Matheson
Down Under