From: "Teate, Stephen" <ste...@compositecooling.com>
To: KRnet <kr...@mylist.net>
Sent: Fri, December 3, 2010 11:40:37 AM
Subject: RE: KR> Ventral Fin

"I have not heard of anyone doing this, but has anyone put a ventral fin on a
KR?"

I have indeed added a ventral fin to the aft end of my fuselage. I did this for
two reasons, to provide an aerodynamic fairing for my tail tie down eyelet and
to provide a fairing for my "bumper wheel". I have a Subaru and am using a
belly
scoop for the radiator. With the exhaust flap at the wide open position it
would
have been possible for me to drag the flap on the runway if I didn't add the
wheel. I really like the way it turned out but yes when I fly I will probably
be
the first KR with 4 wheels. Also, since my CG is going to be forward it will
probably never be needed for stall behavior modification but it is nice to know
it's there. Then again, maybe it is a good thing I have one as I intend to fly
high and I would hate to be the first KR to "depart" like I have seen some
grossly overloaded F-16's do!

Stephen Teate
Composite Cooling Solutions, L.P.
4150 International Plaza, Suite 500
Fort Worth, Texas 76109
817-708-9140

The information in this email is confidential and may be
legally privileged. If you are not an intended recipient,
you should delete this message.  Access to this email by
anyone else is unauthorized, and any disclosure, copying,
distribution or action taken or omitted in reliance on it
is prohibited and may be unlawful.