Why not drill it and screw it? use flat screws and hence easy to concel.

I'm not a fan of glue, my other plane's designer had came up with metal
wings where the skins are glue'ed on and well I've met 2 people so far where
that hasn't been all the pretty (skins actually pulling off rather easily),
needless to say I rivited all the skins on, not as pretty and smooth, but I
feel better LOL.

Joe