Steve Phillabaum wrote:

>>I have a Todd's KR canopy and I sanded in a good scratch finish in the
>>area of the epoxy and then sandwiched in the conopy between glass on both
>>sides uning areopoxy.  I don't think I could get it appart without some
>>damage.  Let us know what he has to say.<<

That'll work fine.  I would think most epoxies would stick just fine to
acrylic after it's been roughed up with rough sandpaper to give it some
"teeth".  I think this is even detailed in the Bengelis books.  I suspect
those having problems didn't do the roughing part.  I wondered about the
quality of that bond when I did mine the same way (overlapping the acrylic
by about 1.5"-2" all the way around, but there is zero sign of delaminiation
anywhere.  T-88 may not be the best choice because it's not very viscous and
may not soak into as many of the scratches, but I'd bet it's still a pretty
good bonding agent for glass.  I used Aeropoxy, and can tell you that it
works for sure, at least up to 240 mph.

Another key is HOW you do it...you need to sandwich the acrylic on both
sides with glass to put it in a sort of "double shear" rather than glass on
only one side, eliminating a "tension only" kind of failure where the
fiberglass can just peel away from the acrylic due to some wierd loading
condition.  I think that's just good common sense though...

Mark Langford
m...@n56ml.com
website www.n56ml.com