Phil Matheson wrote:

>>If you check the Corvair link  http://carnut.com/specs/gen/vair60.html It
states the RPM required to reach 110 HP or more is 4000 to 4500.
The corvair is of course 6 cylinder, but till only 110 hp or so depending on
which engine you are using...<<

FYI, us Corvair guys are using an aftermarket cam that moves the power band
down so peak power and torque happen at lower RPMs, with increased lift for
better breathing.  Also, the stock blower is deleted which saves about 8
horsepower at "flying" RPMs.  See the power charts and test specs at
http://www.n56ml.com/corvair/specs.html for more info, but in the case of
the Corvair engine,110 HP is entirely possible if you turn the engine up to
3600-3800 rpm, which I do on a regular basis.

On the subject of the BMW bike engine, I know a former Continental Motors
engineer who installed a BMW 1000 engine in his experimental plane, if that
tells you anything about their suitability for aircraft use...

Mark Langford
ML at N56ML.com
website at http://www.N56ML.com