Post some pictures Sam...
Thanks
Luis
    On Monday, January 10, 2022, 04:04:57 PM CST, Samuel Spanovich
<spanovich...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Just a quick post on my results with a new set of RV-style wheel pants.

Background: Tri-Gear Stock KR2S, RAF48 airfoil, ~650 lbs empty.  80 HP
Revmaster 2100D. 111 KTAS cruise (no wheel pants).

Mains (only) Speed Increase = 7knots
Nose Gear (only) Speed Increase = 4 knots
Total Speed Increase = 11 knots

For those running Cleveland Brakes; if you purchase the RV style wheel pants
directly from Vans, they are actually big enough to cover the entire brake
assembly so you won’t have to buy a separate “cover” for the brakes. They are
pretty expensive (almost $800 for a set of three), but they are very sturdy and
the quality is overall pretty good as well.

Mounting them definitely took a little bit of time, (took me well over the
course of 4-5 days total, but I also work very slow), and I had to make a lot
of cuts with a Dremel tool to make them fit properly.  That said, I am
definitely very pleased with the end performance and it is a very simple way
(although expensive) to get about 10 more knots.

The nose gear pant WILL fit on a standard Diehl KR-2 nose gear assembly,
however I couldn’t use any of the (included) Vans mounting hardware. Instead, I
had to make several trips to ACE Hardware to find a certain set of
nuts/bolts/spacers to make it fit.

If anyone has any questions; feel free to reach out.  This was not meant to be
an all inclusive post about wheel pants, but just a short post on my results.

Overall: 10-11 knot speed increase.

Very Respectfully

Samuel Spanovich
N6399U
74S, Anacortes WA

Sent from my iPhone
-Search recent KRnet Archives at
https://list.krnet.org/empathy/list/krnet.list.krnet.org/
-Search John Bouyea's decades of archive at
https://www.mail-archive.com/krnet@list.krnet.org/