I have a situation like this:

- a cluster of web machines
- a cluster of db machines and other services

The question is how put in communication the 2 clusters in order to use some
hostnames in /etc/hosts of web machines.

To protect your data, is it safe create an ingress service to make visible the
db from the external? I tried with a nodePort service (so using internal ip
addresses) but I'm not able to put in contact db-web between different clusters

At the moment my temporary solution is:

a) define a public static ip with the command:
gcloud compute addresses create my-public-static-ip --global

b) use an ingress configuration for my db service where I set the static ip
with the option:

    apiVersion: extensions/v1beta1
    kind: Ingress
    metadata:
      name: my-ingress
      annotations:
        kubernetes.io/ingress.global-static-ip-name: my-public-static-ip

c) in my daemonset.yaml I define a hostAliases:

    apiVersion: extensions/v1beta1
    kind: DaemonSet
    metadata:
      name: my-daemonset

    spec:
      updateStrategy:
        type: RollingUpdate

      template:
        spec:
          nodeSelector:
            app: frontend-node

          terminationGracePeriodSeconds: 30

          hostAliases:
          - ip: <public_ip_addr>
            hostnames:
            - "my-db-service"

and it's working. But I'm not too convinced that this solution is the best or
however correct on a live environment...