On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 6:47 AM, Gmail <mderos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, not follow the price argument. You are only charged for the nodes you
> use on a Kubernetes cluster (no Masters, no matter cluster size).
>

> I don't understand very well "no matter cluster size" whereas no one has
> ever talked about creating nodes that will not be used later. In my example
> every node will be used and of course I will be charged the cost, making the
> cluster size very important to define total spending
>

> So, I really don't why it makes a difference the number of clusters
>
> what I mean is very simple:
> if I have to use a single cluster, the minimum hardware features must be
> able to bear db requirements.
> My db must have 60 GB of RAM.
> So every node in this cluster will have 60 gb.

Not true.  You can add many NodePools to a single cluster, each with a
different shape.  Resource scheduling will ensure that your DB lands
on a big machine, and smaller jobs fit in wherever they can.

> I can spend 1000$/month so I can afford two nodes.
> One node will be for db, the other will be used for many (8-10-6 I don't
> know) web pod
> So I'm asking
>
> in terms of performance, scalability and stability which is the better
> solution between:
>

> a single cluster with 2 nodes where 1 node is used for db and other for n
> web-pod
>
> or
>
> (considering that the requirements of the db machine are very different from
> those of the web machines) two clusters, one for db (n1-standard-16 single
> node) and another for web machines (with more n1-standard-2 nodes)

I think you are always better off with more nodes of smaller size,
though I wouldn't go artificially small.   2 cores or 4 cores give you
a lot of freedom, unless you need to run pods that just do not fit,
and they give you better availability properties.