On Wednesday, December 13, 2017, Gmail <mderos...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, not follow the price argument. You are only charged for the nodes
> you use on a Kubernetes cluster (no Masters, no matter cluster size).
>

> I don't understand very well "no matter cluster size" whereas no one has
> ever talked about creating nodes that will not be used later. In my example
> every node will be used and of course I will be charged the cost, making
> the cluster size very important to define total spending

Yes, but that you can use the same instances either on one cluster or two.
One 60gb and the other(s) N gb, right?

> So, I really don't why it makes a difference the number of clusters
>
> what I mean is very simple:
> if I have to use a single cluster, the minimum hardware features must be
> able to bear db requirements.
> My db must have 60 GB of RAM.
> So every node in this cluster will have 60 gb.

Ohh, okay. I think this is the confusion. No, not every node of your
cluster must be the same size. You don't need every node to have 60gb.

I'm quite sure (don't use gke, though) You can use several instance groups,
each one with the number of instances you want, the size you want. All in
the same Kubernetes cluster.