Jorge Lucángeli Obes wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 1:54 PM, Cam Macdonell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>  Hi,
>>
>>  I've been playing with VMGL and got it to work on KVM using two of the
>>  three suggested setups 1) X forwarding and 2) VNC.  However, with SDL it
>>  doesn't work yet.  This will require patching KVM/Qemu's SDL viewer.
>>
>>  Also, I haven't been able to get virtio networking going which is
>>  necessary as the network is the bottleneck to getting better performance.
>>
>>  I've installed 2.6.25-rc2, and have the nic model set as virtio and its
>>  using a tap interface.  I can load the virto_pci and virtio_net modules.
>>   But I can't bring the interface up.  Is there any other configuration
>>  in the guest that is necessary?
>>
>>  Host and guest are both 64-bit Scientific Linux 5.0.
>>
>>  Thanks,
>>  Cam
>>
>>  If anyone has questions about getting VMGL to work feel free to ask.
>
> Hi Cam,
>
> I've been playing with VMGL also. I'm at work right now so I'll make
> it quick: I'm getting ~35 FPS with 'glxgears' in the guest versus
> ~1100 in the host. That's around the same ratio as what the VMGL
> author gets with a XEN HVM guest.

Hi,

To be clear, do you have VMGL running?  And you're only getting ~35 FPS?

For me, using VMGL doubles the performance of glxgears on two different
machines.  As well, I'm using the "Enemy Territory" demos the author
used and they are usable with VMGL but still jumpy.

How do you use VMGL?  Do you use VNC or do you have SDL working some how?

Thanks,
Cam