On Thursday 06 March 2008 16:06:51 Avi Kivity wrote:
> Yang, Sheng wrote:
> > Here is the updated patch. I kept 0xff because I think it's OK for
> > understand easily. :)
>
> Any news on the regression with older Linux guests?  That's the only
> thing keeping my from applying the patchset.

Not much. PIT interrupts injection is all right, 1000 per second. Just found
two clock source in guest got problem: PM timer and TSC. Seems both due
to compensate for lost ticks. Get rid of something like "jiffies_64 +=
lost -1" get the time ok.

And I think it's a exist bug. As you see, in most condition, userspace pit +
in kernel irqchip resulted in time flow slowly, due to the lost of
interrupts. But RHEL4 runs even faster than host...

I will do more investigate.

--
Thanks
Yang, Sheng