On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 09:54:13AM -0400, Byron Stanoszek wrote:

> Is it possible to log any physical PCI accesses from the guest?
> This could be handy for reverse-engineering device drivers, among
> other things.

With PCI passthrough It is possible in theory to log mmio's and pio's
executed by the guest, as well as interrupts delivered to the guest,
although it will have a performance impact. It is not possible to log
DMAs in a simple manner, but you could hook up a PCI analyzer to get
the missing bits.

Cheers,
Muli
--
Workshop on I/O Virtualization (WIOV '08)
Co-located with OSDI '08, Dec 2008, San Diego, CA