On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 09:21:15PM +0300, Avi Kivity wrote:

> You mean, iommu=on.

Agreed. This should also be the default if not dma=xxx is specfied and
a capable IOMMU is found.

> Or rather
>
>   dma=iommu
>   dma=none (1:1 mapping, or dma-less devices, or I'm Feeling Lucky)
>   dma=cooperative (paravirt)

What does the 'cooperative' mean? I assume you are thinking of
PVDMA-without-IOMMU, but in that case the name is misleading, since
you can do cooperative (PVDMA) just fine with an IOMMU. Perhaps
"dma=itrusttheguest", since with PVDMA0-without-IOMMU the guest is
trusted to not screw up the system?

Cheers,
Muli
--
Workshop on I/O Virtualization (WIOV '08)
Co-located with OSDI '08, Dec 2008, San Diego, CA