Hi Yury,

On Tuesday, 2012-01-17 07:41:42 +0200, Yury Tarasievich wrote:

> For Belarusian, D.M with no more than two digits per part might do
> (is the two-digit limit "enforcable"?).

The pattern is just a prerequisite, if the number input doesn't form
a valid date it doesn't lead to a date even if the pattern was matched,
so anything like 32.13 already wouldn't be a valid date.

> Actually, it'd be better to have possibility of switching off the
> feature altogether, "across the installation", as the traditional
> fractional part separator /comma/ tends quite often to be
> substituted by the /dot/, in these times.

I'm not sure I understand. If you're saying that people tend to input
decimal numbers as #.# instead of #,# then better not define the D.M
date acceptance pattern to prevent confusion, and a #.# input will just
be a textual string. Is that what you meant?

> Historically, it was often D/M (D in Arabic numerals, M in Roman).

With roman numbers that wouldn't work. We could define a D/M pattern,
but input would have to be in Arabic numerals.

  Eike

GnuPG key 0x293C05FD : 997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD