Hi :)
Ok, so "Lim" does mean limits but just isn't short for the English
word "limits".

Also it's a generic term and NOT specifically about 1 type of limits,
such as either just the upper or just the lower ones.

2 of us did an internet search for the pedantically correct term =
"limes" and got stuff about fruit and rocks but nothing about
Calculus.  When i did another search and made it clear that "limes"
was Latin rather than English i got a few hits but nothing hugely
useful.  Searching for "limits" did get a ton of useful results that
normal users might find useful if they were doing their own research
outside of the LO help guides.  So i am not quite sure about how
useful it was to be pedantic because it just added confusion when we
were really just searching for a practical answer but it is
interesting to find the roots of words, so thanks for that :)

Regards from
Tom )