janI wrote:
Before I finally removed the files, of course, being who I am, I made sure
that they were on the backup system.

And that is perfect, Jan. Thanks for doing it. That addresses my concern. But really, don't be annoyed for me just asking (and indeed, for asking late).

I do my work professionally, use the decision systems we have in place, and
dont like these kind of complains, which only purpose seems to be to
highlight how good the complainers are, compared to my "bad" work.

My e-mail did not contain any complaints, I totally respect your work and professionalism and I wonder how one could mistake a very ordinary mail for an attempt to discredit your work. That totally wasn't the intention...

its clear to me that I am the wrong person to this job.  ...
thanks for the lack of support.

I still believe that you are the best person on the PMC to do this job, and that the community should be thankful to you (as it is) for taking our infrastructure to a new level. I'm sorry that in a couple of occasions this weekend we had misunderstandings leading to unnecessary discussions... Please just assume good faith, and let's use our time on this list not to argue, but to move the project forward.

Regards,
  Andrea.