On 2015-01-23 23:42, Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:
I'm curious. Do you think it would be worthwhile to bing back a version of the old
native-language sub-projects? These were dedicated areas in the user's native
language whose focus & point was to reach out to the local (physical) and
linguistic community (could be anywhere) and give social depth to the user of and
contributor to OpenOffice. Kind of like linux user groups, only sometimes less
geeky.

We deprecated these when we joined Apache for several reasons, but one was that
there were too many and they didn't really seem to be leading to more
engagement and participation. But perhaps times have changed?

louis

I'm just a newcomer here, who dreams a lot without any knowledge of aoo's history, and you - the elders - hold your head in your hands saying 'It starts again...' :)

I just think if there is a good possibility to contact with each other (the contributors directly) or with the outsiders (the visitors of the site), we should use this possibility. If we plan it well it will work as it is dreamed.