On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 22:25:04 -0400, Tamara wrote:
>What, BTW, are "Spanish" onions? Someone -- I think in UK -- has
>mentioned them... Are they the red ones, like the ones used for
>gazpacho?

Spanish onions are onions grown in Spain.  Not a particular variety,
although the Spanish ones do tend to be generally bigger than UK grown ones.
Red onions are just called red onions here, and I couldn't tell you where
they are grown.
--
Is not the whole world a vast house of assignation to which the filing system
has been lost? Quentin Crisp