Hi All,  Thought you might be interested in a little item in this weeks
"Newsweek" magazine.  Their is a short story about the fact that they have
stopped "translating" Harry Potter for the USA copies.  I guess they still
change "colour" to "color" but not much else!  According to an editor at
Scholastic "Readers have become more accustomed to the world." <VBG>.  I do
forget that these books are written for kids but I read books from the UK
when I was a girl and I could figure out what was going on.  That's part of
the fun!

Speaking of books for young adults, I always loved the Gone Away Lake series
by Elizabeth Enright.  A Philosopher's Stone plays a part in one of the
books and it didn't have to be changed to a Sorcerer's Stone <G>.

Jane in Vermont, USA where it has been pouring rain all day - the Monsoon,
just like Sulochona <G>.
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED]