> > Of course, Oregon *is* south of Royal Deeside :-)   And, yes, I do know
your
> > seasons are more extreme than ours.  I used to reckon that Aberdeen was
> > about
> > half way up the Hudson Bay, to give relative locations.
> > Patricia in Wales
> >
> Yes and no :
>
> On the 'wet side' of the Cascade Range
> (which runs north and south through these
> States) Washington and Oregon have a
> rainy climate somewhat like England's when
> the Gulf Stream cooperates and warms
> your winters. On the 'dry side of the
> Cascade Range it's "four seasons !!" (think
> something like Russian winter) weather . . .
>
> Toni in Seattle

Well, Toni, as you say, "Yes and no" ...  <VBG>

Aberdeen and Royal Deeside are not in England; they are in Scotland.  And
the Gulf Stream warms the west side of Scotland (there are tropical gardens
at Inverewe) but the east coast (Aberdeen and Royal Deeside) are chilled by
winds direct from the Russian Steppes.

ATB,
Margery.