> I'm pleased to see someone in North America is aware of the effect of the
Gulf Stream on Britain :-)  When I said something about the Gulf Stream in
1969
to two otherwise very intelligent and well educated friends in Boston they
thought I was pulling their legs.  This despite the fact they were aware we
don't
have winters covered in snow and ice which our latitude would otherwise lead
you to expect (at least in 1969 it did, pre global warmiong).

> Patricia in Wales

My education suffered from an overdose
of paternalistic zeal - so I'm not 'educated'.
As for 'intelligence', that also has been set
back somewhat from a vehicle accident
brain injury aggravated by aging - what
ever's left, however, is being added to and
updated every day or every other day at
the least by having the time now to read -
and since I don't specialize/limit myself to
any one 'pursuit' I do occasionally surprise
even myself, as well as other people, with
the range of my 'trivia'.

Toni in Seattle

unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]