"Ruth Budge"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

>I think I can answer both those questions, even though I live in the
biggest
>city in Australia!
>
>In most cases, its the vehicle comes off worse in an encounter with a
kangaroo
>- -roos are often very heavy animals, and they're bouncing fast and hard
when
>they hit a car.

We don't have elk or kangaroos, just white-tailed deer, which are
relatively light, usually under 150 lbs.  But their fast gait is a leap:
when a deer leaps out of a ditch into the side or onto the hood of a car,
it's not unknown for the car to be totalled when the driver loses control.
Car-deer accidents having been going up as more people move into rural
Michigan, over a 1000 a year in our county.

Lynn Carpenter in SW Michigan, USA

unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]