Helene Gannac wrote: What about the verb to hang, which has got 2 past
tenses hanged and hung, which
mean different things? The original English was to hang, hung(past),
hung(past
participle). When did we start using hanged?

I was taught (in school, in Scotland) that pictures may be hung, and people
may be hanged - in the sense of being suspended.  But didn't the judge say
"hung by the neck until you are dead"?  Or maybe that was "hanged" - my
brain is confused now.  So I don't know which is correct.

And then there's the other sense, as mentioned in Edith's joke list (I liked
the whole list, Edith):
Q. How can you tell when a man is well-hung?
A. When you can just barely slip your finger in between his neck and the
noose.
But I think that's always "hung".  Well, or otherwise. <G>

BFN,
Margery.