Surely if you put junket in the fridge before it sets, it will slow down the enzyme working, so it will retard (if not stop) the setting process?

Edith
----- Original Message ----- From: "Brenda Paternoster" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Linda Walton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Lace Chat" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 14 November 2004 20:57
Subject: Re: [lace-chat] Junket

Junket is milk that has been curdled/set with rennet - the enzyme from a cow/calf's stomach which is used in the making of most cheese. (Synthetic rennet is used for vegetarian cheese)

I have two old books with recipes for junket.  They both say add 1
teaspoon rennet to half pint warm milk and allow to set - takes a few
hours, probably less in a fridge.  One recipe just says add sugar to
taste (whilst still warm) then serve with whipped cream.  The other
says also add 2 teaspoons brandy and a pinch of cinnamon, and serve
with cream and grated nutmeg.

The Oxford Dictionary says:
1, noun - dish of milk curdled by rennet and sweetened and flavoured;
feast; official's tour at public expense.
2, verb intransitive - feast, picnic.

Brenda