my DH and l were sitting in his car after bieng to a show, he had been talking about getting married l had not particpated in this conversation and he suddenly said "l suppose l should ask you" and he then did most unromantic and we have been together 53 years next month.
Marion Goard.

mfgo...@bigpond.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ruth Rocker" <r...@rockersplace.com>
To: "lace-chat" <lace-chat@arachne.com>
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2009 10:01 AM
Subject: Re: [lace-chat] Love and marriage

DH and I were at a picnic and sitting on a merry-go-round. He casually
handed me an engagement ring and asked if I'd like to go 'round with him
for the rest of my life. We'll be married 25 years next September.

Janice Blair wrote:
I was watching a proposal on tv yesterday where the man was a fireman. He got his crew to stage a car crash with injured people and asked his girlfriend to help hold a bottle of saline. He got down on his knees and proposed.

I wondered if the marriages where there were clever and/or romantic proposals have lasted, or whether they got divorced. My DH was not a bit romantic and we are still together 43 years later. He did it in a Chinese restaurant and I think he passed the ring to me under the table but my memory is fading fast.

How about the rest of you? Did you have a memorable proposal and are you still together?
Janice

 Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
www.jblace.com
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org

arachnemodera...@yahoo.com.

arachnemodera...@yahoo.com.