We both met in college and had dated for a while.  Funny story
here.  Each of us had mutual friends that we would hang out
with.  My wife's friend was her room mate in the dorms.  My
friend wasn't my room mate, but only just a few doors down.  We would
go on double dates often.  And sometimes we would be seen with each
other's mate instead of the one's we would be dating.  So college
student body would get confused as to who was dating who.  Then it
finally came up that my friend and Kim's friend announced they were
engaged.  Well that settled THAT rumor!

Now for the
proposal part.........

Kim and I would hang out in the local
lounge at the college in the evenings sipping Mt. Dew, having bagels and
cream cheese and watch our favorite shows of Love Boat and Fantasy
Island.  YEAH!  It's the 80s!!!  "Gag me with a
spoon!" HAH.  Since the topic of our friend's engagement came
up, I asked Kim what she thought if we got married.  She
said......"so are you asking??"  I said yes, I am.
Not really romantic, but in a strange way and coincidence.

We
have been married for 22 years and plan on the rest of life :)

Mark, aka Tatman
website:  http://www.tat-man.net
blog:
http://tatmantats.wordpress.com