Janice Blair wrote:

How about the rest of you?  Did you have a memorable proposal and are you still
together?
Janice

Neither of us can remember how or when we decided to get married, except that it was an occasion to celebrate being together for 20 years. We met on a picket line whilst we were on strike and had a wonderful Quaker wedding 20 years later. In Quaker style, we didn't exchange rings, however, whilst we were in Whitby on honeymoon we stopped to look in my favourite jewellers. My DH turned to me and said "Well, do you want a wedding ring then?" and we went in to buy one. As for durability, we celebrate 30 years together next year, although it will only be our 10th wedding anniversary.

Lesley