Please, oh please, don't contribute to the current fad of
using "spice" as a euphemism for capsaicin.  Capsaicin isn't
spice, it's dog repellent.

Buffalo wings did come from Buffalo -- I was near Albany at
the time, and when first introduced they were "chicken wings
the way they prepare them in Buffalo."  Could have been a
lie, of course, but Buffalo wasn't noted for anything except
getting buried in snow every winter, so it would have been a
queer sort of lie.  The initial surge of popularity came of
wings being the cheapest cut of chicken.  (The price of
wings rapidly rose in response.)

For authentic Buffalo wings, melt one stick of butter, stir
in one bottle of Tabasco, soak deep-fried chicken wings in
it.  (Wings are fried naked, no breading.)  Serve with
celery sticks and blue-cheese dip.

Around here, they just call them "wings" these days, and the
seasoning isn't so restricted.  They are still served with
celery sticks.

There's rather a nice restaurant in the Detroit-Street
sprawl called "Wings Etc."; I think it's a chain.

--
Joy Beeson
http://roughsewing.home.comcast.net/