Is it two hours driving on open roads/freeways with little traffic or is it two hours of intensive driving in heavy traffic? It makes a big difference.

Also young people tend to accept driving longer distances. Last week my daughter and her family drove down to Cornwall for a long weekend. Seven hours each way and they had good journeys but it wouldn't have taken much to have made the journeys considerably longer. We wouldn't want to drive that far for just two days.

Brenda


On 10 May 2009, at 16:54, H. Muth wrote:

This reminds me of a conversation I had with a young French man who was staying with me for a time. He lived a 2 hour drive away from a family apartment on the Mediterranean, and a 6 hour drive from Paris. They went to the apartment a couple of times a year and rarely to Paris and he was quite shocked when I told him that Canadian young people would drive into Paris for the weekend! Many Canadians will drive 2 hours there and back _every_ weekend during the summer (or winter) to a vacation home. I guess when you live in the world's 2nd largest country and are spread out so much you get used to driving great distances. When I was that boy's age, we drove from Calgary to Vancouver for the weekend for a wedding. A 12 hour drive both ways!

Heather
Abbotsford, BC
A 1 hour drive to Vancouver where I will often go for dinner with my parents.

At 11:06 PM 09/05/2009 +0100, Sue wrote:
8 - 10 hrs maximum? That's when I realise how big the USA is, that's as far
as me driving to Scotland for a workshop wow!


Brenda in Allhallows, Kent
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/index.html

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

Reply via email to