Ok, David,  I recognize all but     "Mum boiling up the copper".  You will
have to explain that one, it might just be an Aussie phrase for some thing I
do recognize.

Lorri

  Perhaps we all could add a few more:-
  - ink wells
  - putting chalk in the ink wells
  - putting the plaits of the girl in front into the ink wells (this
  all in Grade 4 in 1957)
  - electric erasers (when I was a draughtsman in 1966)
  - drawing maps by hand!!!
  - being first to collect the bread from the horse-drawn baker's cart
  and then hollowing it out and pretending the mice had got to it.
  - Dad putting out the milk bottles to let us know we'd been "parking"
  long enough!
  - Mum boiling up the copper
  - begging chips of ice from the "Ice Man".

  etc. etc.
  David in Ballarat

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

Reply via email to