Sounds delicious, now to track down some half decent lamb.  Not easily found in 
this area of the US.  Maybe my Polish/Mexican supermarket has some.  Will it 
work with ground or minced lamb?  I think I saw that there.
Janice

 Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
www.jblace.com
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org




________________________________
From: David C COLLYER <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sun, October 17, 2010 7:51:22 AM
Subject: [lace-chat] Lamb recipe

Dear Friends,

Cooked a beautiful meal tonight which I hadn't made since about 1975. It's 
Moroccan Lamb Tarjine. As I don't have an actual tarjine (terra cotta conical 
cooking dish) I changed it to suit my largest saucepan. Quite easy really and 
oh 
so tasty. I'll write it out now for you while I can remember.

The lamb is supposed to be diced meat, but I just used small chops whole. While 
you have 2 finely diced onions frying in the wok, and about 1.5 lb of lamb 
thawing in the microwave, put the following in a large saucepan:
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 dessertspoon ginger
- 1 heaped tablespoon of cumin seeds (main flavour)
- 1 teaspoon of hot chilli (can omit if desired)
- 1 dessertspoon of tumeric (I reckon this is only for the yellow colour as 
I've 
never found it to have a taste of its own).
- Add the thawed lamb & cooked onion.
- Add about 1 cup of water - there's not supposed to be much juice but I like 
some.
- Add the grated rind and juice of one lemon
- Add 1 cup of either slivered almonds (original recipe) or cashews or lightly 
crushed macadamia nuts.
Bring to the boil and then simmer for about half an hour
Serve with rice or cous-cous.

Enjoy
David in Ballarat

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

Reply via email to