When we were learning about curry making we were told that the tumeric was for the colour but also effective in levelling the heat from the spice. Even though there is no actual obvious taste it did effect the overal taste of the dish.
Sue T, Dorset UK

Dear Friends,

Cooked a beautiful meal tonight which I hadn't made since about 1975. It's Moroccan Lamb Tarjine. As I don't have an actual tarjine (terra
> - 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 dessertspoon ginger
- 1 heaped tablespoon of cumin seeds (main flavour)
- 1 teaspoon of hot chilli (can omit if desired)
- 1 dessertspoon of tumeric (I reckon this is only for the yellow colour as I've never found it to have a taste of its own).
- Add the thawed lamb & cooked onion.
Enjoy
David in Ballarat

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

Reply via email to