The lamb here tends to be very expensive compared to beef, pork or chicken. 
 Some areas of the US may have a decent supply, but I am in the beef eating 
area 
where steaks are king and kingsize!!  I have no idea how many steak houses 
(restaurants) there are in Chicago.  Too many to count on my fingers.  I do eat 
lamb when in good restaurants around the country but I think most of the lamb 
on 
sale in the supermarket should really be labeled "mutton".

I remember when I lived in Cleveland, England I used to go to the local farm 
and 
choose my lamb on the hoof, much to the horror of my kids, and fill my freezer 
with very fresh meat.

Janice
 Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
www.jblace.com
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org




________________________________
From: jeanette <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Sent: Sun, October 17, 2010 11:12:57 AM
Subject: RE: [lace-chat] Lamb recipe

If lamb is so difficult to obtain in the USA, what meat do you eat if any??
Lamb is available everywhere in South Africa as in Australia I suppose.  We
even sometimes get frozen Australian lamb at a much cheaper price than South
African lamb.  We normally use it for spicy dishes like David's lamb which I
intend making one of these days. 
Jeanette Fischer, Western Cape, South Africa.

>>
Hi All,  The recipe sounds delicious!  I can get ground lamb at the local
food coop.  It is local lamb and starting the meat section in this health
food coop caused quite a hubbub.  It's turned out to be one of the biggest
money making parts of the store.>>

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

Reply via email to