Having finished the extension to my 22 inch round pillow, which works very
well (and having dropped it end-on on my foot), I'm now going back to the
Intermediate Torchon Assessment for the UK Lace Guild that I started last
year. I got a couple of samples done before it was interrupted by my class's
entry for next year's Myth or Mystery Lace Guild competition. Class members
have each made one or two pieces for a group entry, and it took me the whole
academic year to make my two pieces.

Now I'm returning to Torchon, and it's taking a while to get back into the
swing of such a geometric structured lace after a year of free-style. I've
made a fan edging from La Encajera as a start to getting back into a Torchon
frame of mind, and I've just started on the next sample for the assessment.
But, boy, are the brain cogs grinding slowly - "no you can't work the ground
on *both* sides of a trail while actually working it"; "you need a lot more
thread on the bobbin for the worker in cloth stitch or a fan" are just a
couple of things my brain forgot to remind me about. Still I think I'm back
into it now.

Jean in Poole