In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes
>I know of no store in the English-speaking world quite like the House of
>Liberty.  The inquirer is a dressmaker, knitter, tatter and crocheter.

I agree with Jeri, Liberty is wonderful, and you don't have to buy
(much!).  In any case, just about anywhere in the UK is going to be more
expensive than the US for fabrics, threads, etc, if what everyone tells
us that "it is far cheaper in the US" is true!  There are cheap places,
of course, but with those often the quality goes down to match.

A good source for needlework shops in the UK is the Aion website -
though I'm not sure when Chris last updated it.

--
Jane Partridge