If I make up a particular "grid" to fit the shape that I want to get in
the finished piece, does it still count as a grid?  You do need some
arrangement of dots to put pins in even in the free laces, right?

I just made a Torchon piece on a grid that was initially a square and
now is shaped something like if you made each side bend inward like a
")".  It also accidentally ended up with a circle with four roses in it
in the middle, which was nothing like a circle in the original square
piece.  Lots of fun.  Then I added four tape "arms" (each of a different
type of tape, since I don't know which looks best), and have a star!
<g>.  Designing is such fun!
I sure hope I'm not accidentally redesigning something someone already
came up with...

Hi Weronika,

It is highly unlikely, given your description that anyone has come up with exactly what you have designed.

I am sure we would all be delighted to see this new piece. Please post it in the Arachne webshot album.

http://community.webshots.com/user/arachne2003-date

login :  arachne2003
password:  honiton

Patty