On Wed, 19 May 2004 06:57:43 -0500, you wrote:

>I too have no knowledge either way, but am well aware that it is quite
>possible to come up with almost identical ideas to someone else, who lives
>in another country, whom you have never met and whose work or ideas you have
>not seen. I have done it myself, more than once, when designing things and
>been amazed at the similarity of idea and approach.
>Sue Babbs

It's called Morphic Resonance, and happens all the time, throughout history.

I spoke to Rosemary about the books last week (I have some in stock now) and it didn't
sound to me like she was pinching someone else's ideas - she
says in the front of the book that she made her first flowers in 1977, and took her
designs from 17thC textile patterns,which had Eastern influences -
that was a long time before anyone else was doing them. Rosemary had been designing
and making lace for many years and I doubt very much that she
would need to pinch anyone else's ideas - her beginner's book on bobbin lace (
Introduction to Bobbin Lacemaking) is IMHO the best there is,
especially for learners without a teacher.
ttfn Jacqui

Jacqui Southworth, Fleetwood, Lancs, England
Larkholme Lace - Bobbin Lace Supplies, painted bobbins and tools,books
www.larkholmelace.co.uk
***New lower prices for 'Jewel' and 'Precious Metal' bobbins ***