In a message dated 14/06/2005 22:08:36 GMT Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

I want  to make a pricking for a beginner of the beginner's "bandage" to be
made  using ordinary sewing thread.  There are three graph grids printed in
Pamela Nottingham's  "Bobbin lace making" (immediately before list of
suppliers and
index).  Can anyone advise which one I should  use?  I know it has to be
either the smallest or the middle size but  I keep swithering.

TIA Patricia in  Wales
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Having started off on worm bandages, I can only say that making it  with
sewing thread was one of the most dishartening experiences I've ever  done.  It
took ages to get to the end and I felt, when I'd finished that I  hadn't
achieved anything.

I now start beginners off on the famous springett snake as this teaches
whole / cloth stich and makes up quickly (due to the thickness of the thread)
and
gives them something worth having as their first project.

Just a thought

Regards

Liz in London

I'm back _blogging_ (http://journals.aol.com/thelacebee/thelacebee)  my
latest lace  piece - have a look by clicking on the link or going to