At 08:35 AM 10/13/2005, you wrote:
It looks more French to me.  Doesn't quite have the feel of beds.
It does sort of have a Kortelahti look to it, but that wasn't my first
thought.

I have my doubts about it being handmade though the pattern is very interesting. I've seen some machine lace that was so close to handmade that it fooled alot of people. I'm sure it's not Kortelahti, though some features are similar to her style. I would have to see an enlargement of the insertion before I make an opinion about it's origin.

For newbies -- Eeva-Liisa Kortelahti is a Finnish lacemaker and pattern designer who has published several books of patterns. I enjoy making her patterns and have most of her books. She has a style of her own. In a past discussion on this list, it was concluded her lace should be called Kortelahti Lace because it didn't fit into any specific traditional lace style. Most of her books show a pricking and a picture of the lace. The lacemaker has to be able to work without written instructions or detailed diagrams to make these patterns.

Alice in Oregon -- where I have been working on a Kortelahti pattern, and it's raining outside. It's doesn't look good for Saturday's Harvest festival but the bobbin lace demo is indoors.