On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 10:41:36 -0700, Robin P wrote:
>At the museum where I used to work, the "real-old-timers" (30 years or
>more seniority) called themselves the Gray-hairs.  I know T doesn't
>have any, but I do.  How about you, David and Bev?  Of course, given
>our respective nationalities, I suppose we can also argue over whether
>it's the "grey-hairs"....
I've been on arachne since the year it started.  Dowager sounds dreadful and
hair colours however you spell it isn't great - do I really have to admit
that my brown is now fake?

Anyway, on to things lace.  I'm off to Germany in about a month's time for a
course.  Looking around for something that would be a bit of a challenge,
but not being willing to embark on a large everlasting project, I found the
LOKK book about s'Gravenmoer.  This has both traditional patterns and some
new ones, using interesting threads.  Has anyone made the pattern on page
127 called Changeant?  It uses a thin and thick black thread in the
s'Gravenmoer half stitch and has a light and dark effect depending on which
thread is the worker in different areas.  I want to make it because the
effect is really interesting.  I'd like to use a different colour though,
and I'm wondering if the effect would be less pronounced in a lighter
colour.
--
Error:015: Unable to exit Windows. Try the door.
Steph Peters  [EMAIL PROTECTED]