I have my Grandmother's Seamstress sewing machine. She was born in1868 and the sales slip, which I have, is dated in 1890. This machine sewed my Mama's clothes (she was born in 1907), my clothes (I was born in 1933) and my daughter's clothes (she was born in 1961.) I whit was the only machine I had until I purchased my Golden Singer in 1966. I still use my singer and love it. I can easily afford the latest sewing machine but the faithful singer still works like a charm and once in awhile I'll hem a dishtowel on the 1890 Seamstress just to let it know it is still valued. The drawers still have some of the buttons, the needle case, button hook (for shoes) that belonged to Grandma.

Thanks, Gentle Spiders for this thread.
Happy Sewing,
Betty Ann in Roanoke, Virginia USA

----- Original Message ----- From: "Angel Skubic" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I have an old singer treadle machine. I love it. It needs a new belt
though...the other one just plain got old and dry...

Cearbhael
.